Anne's Country Gallery contains 10 years of photographs, 500 walks of Kent and Sussex. Each year it supports a different charity alternating between human and animal causes. You may or may not be able to find a photo of what you are looking for but using the search facility above may help.
This is the weather the shepherd shuns,
And so do I,
When beeches drip in browns and duns,
And thresh and plye,
And hill hid tides throb, throe on throe,
And meadow rivulets overfloe,
And drops in gate bars hang in a row,
And Rooks in families homeward go,
And so do I.
Ordnance Survey Explorer 147
Time roughly 14 hours
• 0455am train from Medway (Chatham) long the Medway valley railway line to Paddock Wood, change train here to Headcorn.
• Out of station to A274 road, left on road through High street to church at corner of High street.
• Footpath from church, over railway line to pell footbridge, over bridge to footpath junction.
• Left footpath to and past New House farm and onto Bletchenden, continue on footpath around Bletchenden to Watermans Quarter.
• Left on lane to footpath at T junction to Biddenden road. Right.
• (No way out onto Biddenden road where map indicates – had to climb over iron gate further along).
• – No waymarks except at start of path on road.
• Right footpath to Ayleswade farm.
• (No waymarkers or stiles anywhere on this path. Had to climb fences and obstructions where appropriate).
• Footpath opposite to junction before Payne land farm and right on lane to 22 on map.
• Right on lane, right footpath at Great Bubhurst back to Little Ayleswade.
• Right footpath to 28 on map – building cloud obscured sun from Little Ayleswade – left on orange road.
• (Lovely timber houses in this stretch – (Lashenden and old Lashenden) left lane to Ayleswade farm.
• Left footpath right branch to Coldharbour. Left, left bridlewaypast Vine farm and Curtis farm to lane 22 on map near Great Bubhurst.
• Around lane to Payne land farm. Left footpath to Stone Court farm. Left, right footpath, right junction at Buckhurst farm to Sand lane.
• Left, right footpath around Catherine Wheel back to Sand lane, left – sun began to appear again here, between moving clouds about 1700pm,
• Right footpath at Beale farm to Water lane, right, left footpath at church to footpath cross junction. Left to Leggs wood path junction (1815pm)
• Right along edge of wood and follow round to path cross junction. Left to lane. Right on lane, left footpath to path cross junction, right to road.
• Right, left footpath past Pound wood to the Rustics, left, left footpath to Little Brookwood, right footpath past Brook wood farm. Across lane and railway to church, right to station.
Started off sunny with some cloud about. Gradually accumulated obscuring sun by about 0900am until 1630pm – 1700pm to give a sunny evening. Not oppressively gloomy under cloud but dull a lot of the time. Not much breeze and quite still air. Kept jacket on most of the day. Horse chestnuts open, bright green still to spread out. Heard first Cuckoo and saw first House Martin.