Message of the March Wind
Now sweet, sweet it is on the land to be straying,
With the birds and the blossom and the beasts of the field,
Love mingles with love, and no evil is weighing on thy heart of mind where all sorrow is healed.
Ordnance Survey Pathfinder 1193 (TQ 66/76)
Time roughly 7 hours
• 1144am train from Chatham to Sole Street railway station. Forecast said grey start clearing through morning followed by some hazy sun and then showers.
• Sunny from start, refreshing breeze. Footpath across railway to lane (Gold Street). Footpath opposite through orchard to Cobham church.
• Left footpath across Orange Road to lane (Round Street). Right on lane to junction. Right. Back to junction. Right along Church Road. Left byway.
• Found a place above byway west of Cozenden Wood, on field boundary
to have a snack and rest and stayed there three hours. Lovely breeze and some shade, no route made out.
• No motivation to get up and move on and leg painful so just enjoyed the rest. Left on wealdway at path junction (Nash Street).
• Right footpath through Nursted Wood, across Wrotham Road to Park
Hill. Right to Longfield Road. Right to chapel. Left along Hartley Bottom Road,
past Southdown Farm to junction.
• Left past to Leigh Court along Shipley Hills Road to Meopham Church.
Footpath from church to Sole Street railway station.
Sunny from start refreshing breeze though forecast said starting grey Then clearing later in morning, Some barley fields ripe, no harvesting yet hay being cut and baled.
|Print Page Email to a Friend